A Social Business is a relational business that is engaged, transparent and can rapidly change. It engages with it’s customers, partners and employees in new and exciting ways. It is transparent in that it opens up and gives direct access to subject matter experts. And its nimble because it can react really quickly when you get the right people together getting the job done.
Arguably every business is a social business because every business has people in it; and people presumably are intrinsically social. So I don’t think it’s a question of bringing it into the business, I think it’s a question of unlocking it, but just how do we unlock the intrinsically social within us?
Branding and personal branding in particular is about raising your influence and becoming a key person within your industry, thus becoming a ‘Brand within the Brand’. These brands are influential; their names come up in conversation, they attract the right type of opportunities, they earn more and it isn’t a struggle – these brands also have more fun. They get invited on trips away, people buy them dinner, they are treated with respect and others listen when they speak.
The interactive workshop will cover these and other interesting questions:
- Social Business – what makes some business more social than others?
- What is effective networking in the new world of Social Media?
- How do we build effective relationships with our customers?
- How effective is building your personal brand within the larger brand of companies
- What difference will my Blog make amongst the millions already out there?
- How do I manage my time to be socially relevant in business and build my brand at the same time?
Join me at a forthcoming workshop as I work through these questions and the challenges that face business and the brands.
These workshops are now available as in-house courses for businesses and organisations.