For many years we have heard the term SEO – Search Engine Optimisation and the jargon has confused many and enabled the unscrupulous to successfully rip off unsuspecting customers. Our understanding of SEO keeps us in the dark and makes it almost impossible for us to do-it-yourself.
However there is light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. I have found that the easiest and most cost-effective way to get yourself ranked high on search engines is to actually create some content, and the more consistent you are at creating content the higher you will rank.
Why is creating content the only solution? Because the business of the search engine is to provide relevant up to date information that people are looking for, therefore paying for something instead of doing it actually goes against the business model of the search engine. However the quality of the content is what really counts. Many of the SEO offerings simply wrote articles to accommodate keywords. Needless to say if it has no appeal to readers, it has no value to the search engines.
These are some things you can do to get better Search Engine Rankings
- There are no shortcuts, people are looking for quality and are never impressed by your attempt to manipulate them into believing that you will deliver a product or service when you have not even cared enough to produce a decent article.
- Choose 5 keywords that represent your interests and use them in the content and articles you post. Yes, just keep it simple, use 5 keywords and you will be amazed at the results.
- Write blogs and share them socially, written content via your blog will boost your rankings quicker than content from social media.
- If you value your customer you will see to it that your article talks to the customer and is not simply a self-promotion exercise that helps you feel good about you, your service or your company. If you using external writers to provide you with a service – see to it that they talking to the customer and not just stroking your little ego because you are paying them (be careful as this is simple human nature, but ultimately will not produce the results you desire and your ego will only be deflated even further).
- Use images that are about you and your product, if you have the budget get a professional to take a series of photographs you can use in your articles.
- Video is still one of the best ways to share content, the challenge is how regular can you be? If you manage to be regular you will see the results of your efforts.
- Be consistent always, remember that search engines send out there crawlers regularly, sometimes up to 4 times a day. The more often these robots find content the better your chances are of moving up in the rankings.
Put in a consistent effort and you will be rewarded. You may notice I cannot stress consistency enough, as consistency is what builds relationships not SEO. If you cannot be consistent I can promise you the results are predictably awful and your time would have been wasted.
See you on the road to success.