I have reached a level and become comfortable, is it comfortable enough or perhaps too comfortable? I realise I am surviving and we are meant to thrive, not just survive. Is it really where I want to be? Will I be comfortable here much longer? NO I know this is not where I want to be and I also know that in order to reach the next level it will take a lot of getting uncomfortable and much more work.
I will stop immediately, then ask myself the following questions and answer them:
What do I view as success? – I see success as being true to oneself, doing what you say you going to do and gaining some significance in your chosen area of activity. As an author, I have published two books which are in print. In the speaking arena I am regularly asked to speak, present workshops and be the master of ceremonies at events. Most of these are paid or I derive some form of income from them. I view success as a consistent activity that forms a behaviour. It must also be sustainable and cause me to grow more. Therefore if I am not growing, regardless of the success that I may have attained, I can no longer call myself successful.
What is real wealth? – Real wealth is good health, happiness and having enough money to call yourself wealthy. Wealth in monetary terms can be measured by the number of days you can exist for at the same standard of living until you need to start actively earning again. The average wealth of the world is less than 30 days.
What do I want to spend the rest of my days doing? – I believe I have been giving the gift of teaching and I would love to spend the rest of my life making a difference in the lives of others. Inspiring and teaching people so that they are able to motivate themselves to new levels of achievement and leadership. I will need to be wealthy enough to sustain myself so that I don’t need to be dependant on the people who need me, but have enough measurable success so that they would realise that I was worthwhile to listen to. No one can teach success principles who themselves have not truly achieved success, otherwise it is just theory with no action to back up the theory – the world is full of that garbage and I believe that is why most of the training is ineffective, because their are very few real examples to follow.
When I realise this, I ask myself if I have been true to myself when I wrote Keep things simple; ALWAYS and my PROMISE to you? I believe I have kept things simple and tried to simplify further so that more can understand what I write.
What are the consistent steps I need to take daily? Yes it has to be daily, I am one of the attention deficit people and it is only daily routine that I can maintain – if I am going to do it, I have to do it daily. These are the steps to success I will be taking:
- I will improve my relationship with my heavenly Father. By His grace I will receive the victory that was given to me before I entered this world.
- I will work on relationships with my children and loved ones.
- Each day I will write so that I challenge my own thinking and keep myself thinking about the people around me, thus retaining my relevance.
- Daily I will reach out to more people, connect with more and strive to change the lives of others by making an difference for them and not for myself. Putting the needs of others before my own.
- I am a network builder and I will build strong networks of like minded individuals who have a desire to be significant and make a difference.
- I will win because I will connect more and I will achieve the financial rewards that cause me to be sustainable.
- I will keep on keeping on – independent of circumstances and the opinions of others. It is my journey to success and it has nothing to do with anybody.
So as I now make this choice, I realise the following – I will stick to this routine as it is my need to be healthy, wealthy and wise.
I ask that you would hold me accountable to what you have just read, check in with me from time to time. Perhaps you could encourage me or reprimand me if you feel I am not living up to my promise. I will do the same for you should you also decide to make your intention known like I have.
I hope that my post has inspired you to lead a life of purpose, not just a life of survival.