What will 2016 be like? This is the question many people are asking at the beginning of the year, just like they ask at the beginning of every year when they think about their New Year’s resolutions. For most people New Year’s resolutions never work, simply because there is not enough discipline to implement a consistency that would result in success – yes it is actually that simple!
The simple statement is that should you want anything to change in your life, you need discipline and I am not just talking about the discipline of routine. There is another discipline that is required for success and why few ever reach true unlimited success in their lives – that is the discipline that is needed to accept that beliefs need to change.
The problem with belief is that we believe our beliefs to be true, and in essence this is a good thing but if we ourselves cannot objectively question our beliefs and ask if their could be a better way, well these beliefs remain and we simply accept them as ‘our beliefs’.
Letting go of beliefs that limit our thinking, our growth and success is what is needed for ultimate success in every aspect of our lives. This is a simple choice that we need to made to explore the possibilities of our own belief to the point that it either becomes stronger or we allow ourselves to release the belief so that it may become stronger. These are the things we should be thinking about when we think!
What does 2016 hold for you and me?
2016 is a year where we will see much change, but only if we are prepared to look into the future. Then understand the ripple that is currently being created will have, and always has had big effects on the future.
Here are my trend 5 predictions to look out for in 2016:
- People – More and more people are realising they have more power and this power resides in their thinking. When our thoughts are shared with others super-powerful collaboration takes place and innovation happens.
- Relationships – In a connected world we have many connections, yet few connect and I predict that more people will start to see the value in real connections thus resulting in smaller more meaningful groups of people. Connectors between these groups will be vital and will need to be trusted individuals with real communication and relationship skills.
- Technology – Connectivity around the world is getting faster and with increased speed of data transfer we will see the implementation of more devices in the ‘internet of things’.
- Credit – the world is in a crisis and we will see more ‘free credit’ offers as the competition increases between credit providers.
- Financial Institutions – will be of less use to the consumer than ever as the consumers find their own ways of trading and exchanging. The financial sector will be hardest hit in the change coming in 2016. BitCoin is just the tip of the iceberg for the financial industry.
In a true collaborative spirit I would love to hear your predictions and if you are in agreement I will add them to this list with your name. I look forward to hearing from you.