When you consider these 10 things, you will realise that success is within your reach.
- Being On Time: Respect yourself and respect everyone else by being on time and keeping things to the point so that you respect the person you are meeting’s time.
- Work Ethic: I often hear people saying ‘we have a good work ethic’, no, getting the job done is the best work ethic you can have. Work cannot be benchmarked, getting the job done as quickly and efficiently as possible is what work is about.
- Effort: Keep on keeping on! The never give up attitude outworks everyone, every time. Remember that hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard!
- Body Language: Winning is about attitude and if you believe you can, then make sure your body is sending the same message.
- Energy: People trust consistency, it takes energy to be consistent and to become successful.
- (Choose Your) Attitude: How we react to our circumstances is a choice. These choices will always determine our attitude.
- Passion: Are you passionate enough to achieve your goal. It is your passion that will get you there.
- Being Coachable: Are you prepared to learn, unlearn and re-learn throughout your life? Will you choose to listen to others, take the criticism and compliments.
- Doing Extra: Everyone is delivering the mediocre, the average and the predictable. Will you be extraordinary and deliver more than was expected?
- Being Prepared: The Boy Scout motto is ‘Be Prepared’. Will you roll with the punches? Can you do the 10 Things consistently and still be prepared that everything will not be as you planned it to be?
When I look at these 10 Things, they are often what we call Emotional Intelligence (EQ). When we understand the concept of EQ, we realise that you can never say you are emotionally intelligent. These 10 things are what we need to focus on daily, so that we may achieve success.