Firstly my intention is to help people, but if you are someone who would like to be successfully lazy, I don’t want to waste your time! Please go and watch some YouTube videos or watch TV, this article is not for you.
“A dream doesn’t become reality through magic, it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” – Colin Powell
The average person who is not scared of hard work may be lacking the focus or perhaps has not found something to work hard at yet. If you have an idea, get started. If you don’t have an idea, copy someone else’s idea – you may just find you outwork someone else in achieving their own idea. If you don’t have an idea, find an opportunity with a system you can follow.
Will it work? Most people never start because they fear they will fail. In reality if they just started, if they just did something, they would have discovered if it could work for them. Most of the time you will invariably discover what does not work for you and this enables you to focus on the things that will work.
In my life as an example I struggled for many years in traditional sales and marketing, but when digital and social media came along I excelled. This could have been because of the failures that I had experienced in sales and marketing, and the understanding I gained from these.
When it comes to work, the short answer is, “yes it will work, if you do!”
Will my idea fail? Often an idea does not fail, the person attempting the idea fails to keep trying. Success comes when you are prepared to work and never give up. The real question is “what if I fail before my idea fails?”
How soon will I achieve success? Firstly you will need to commit to working UNTIL you have achieved success.
The title of this article suggests that you can be successful in 90 days, so let me unpack that thought for you.
Should I only work for 90 Days? Yes, working 18 Hours a Day for 90 Days = 1620 Hours, being that focused will certainly get you onto the road to success much quicker and in some cases it is sufficient to set yourself up for real success in the future.
You may say I want success, but 18 Hours a Day is Unreasonable – Really? Then I am going to be honest and say your desire to be successful is not deep enough. Would you rather like to work 3 hours a day and achieve 1620 in 540 Days (2 Years). I know 540 days is not 2 years but if you going to find one excuse then you will find more excuses and you will probably end up achieving 1620 hours in 4 years. If you are unsure about why hours are important, read the following articles The 10,000 Hour Principle and The secret of Excellence = Consistency
Consistency is part and parcel of success, work as many hours as you can at the start and you may be able to rest a little later on, otherwise you may just find yourself working every day and never reaping much of the rewards.
My approach to business has always been to work hard, extremely hard, at the start so that I have the potential for reaping the rewards later.
When I joined Mirror Trading International the business was just starting and there was plenty of work to be done. We are already starting to reap the rewards from the hard work we put in at the very beginning.
For the benefit of people who are in the Mirror Trading Business I want to share a few ideas of what you should be doing in 90 days to set yourself up for potential success, and I am also sure many of these principles can be applied to whatever business you are involved with.
What to do in the 90 Days so that you have a better chance at success:
- Don’t waste time reading newspapers and watching the news or any form of television. These mediums are made to keep the unsuccessful masses busy.
- Educate yourself about the opportunity and watch as many videos about the business as possible, and then watch them over and over again. When you are able to give a better explanation than what is shared in the video, you could consider you have watched them enough.
- Do spend time sharing your opportunity with everyone you know. Do this quickly until you have exhausted your initial contacts, then go about adding new people to your list.
- Follow up with people who you have already contacted and answer their questions.
- Involve yourself with Social Media and get good at it, remember variety is the spice of life, so make sure you are posting a plenty of information and interesting articles.
- Be interested in people and what they are doing, try your best to be interested in them instead of solely focussing on you being interesting.
- Be patient and polite, remember you will be tired from all the hours you will be working and you will need to develop extra emotional intelligence.
- Don’t forget to reward yourself, you are working hard and you need to be paid – draw some money and reward yourself. Even a simple cake and a coffee could be enough just to remind yourself of the success you have achieved.
- Help as many other people achieve success as possible, team work makes the dream work and the rising tide lifts all the ships.
- Set goals and measure your success. Keep records of your daily growth. I have found that when I have a down day, I can look at my records, be grateful for what I have already achieved and then set new goals for the future.
Remember that people will be watching you and they will gain their confidence from your achievements. Humble yourself when sharing your success with others and have empathy. Remember to try to align your success to their story as much as possible so that it will inspire them to go out and achieve some success for themselves.
Set an example others can follow, sometimes that example is extreme like the 18 hours a day. They may not understand all the principles now, but they will certainly have something they can try to emulate, that is what leadership is about.
Whatever you decide to do, be happy with what you are doing and it will never really feel like hard work.
I wish you the best in your endeavours in achieving success.